Dive in Golden Beach
You have found your dream spot
Perfectly located between the busiest places of Thasos, Golden beach is the ideal place to be if you want to relax but stay close to the main island too. Pick your favorite spot in this 3 km sandy beach and enjoy the crystal water in one of the best beaches of Greece. Thasos offers the sea and the mountains in just a few kilometers away. A relaxing stroll in the beach, an adventurous hike in the mountains, diving from the cliffs or trail run in the forest`s path. The choices are endless.
- Archaeological Museum of Thasos in Thasos town
- Polygnotos Vagis Municipal Museum in Potamia
- Folklore Museum of Limenaria
- Archangel Michael’s Monastery
- Saint Panteleimon Monastery: it was built in 1843 and became monastery in 1987. According to inhabitants of Thassos, someone wanted to build it in favour of Saint Panteleimon. The workers started the building at a location, but next day when they wanted to continue with the construction, the part they had built was destroyed and their tools were missing. It had happened on following days. One day they saw footprints on the ground and followed them until they founded their tools. Finally they built the monastery at that spot.
- Monastery of the Assumption
- Kastro: its foundation year is unknown. This village must have been created during the years of Frankish domination.
- Krambousa Isle: it can be found across the coast of Skala Potamia. The thick vegetation make it impossible to explore all parts of it. It is full with special wild vegetable called “Krambi”. The little church of Saint Daniel is located at the top of the hill. The inhabitants visit this church on the day of the saint every year.